Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Format issue when creating CSV reports.
rem955
<p>Hello. My report has a money field in it. The format is in such a way that it is unreadable by Excel for numbers over 999.##. It will separate the 3rd and 4th digits from the right with a space, and I imagine that it will do that for every three digits. I am not using any special formatting on this field other than specifying it is a decimal. Any ideas?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>Are you exporting to CSV from the viewer? Can you attach a sample design I can run where I'll see this issue and can test on it? Thanks!</p>
rem955
<p>No, this is from the BirtEngine directly to a file using CSVRenderOption. This is work related, so I doubt sending actual actual code would be a good idea. I want to guess my solution is coming up with a format that puts all the digits together, instead of using a comma every three digits. Wouldn't the file renderer be responsible for replacing the commas with white space?</p>
mwilliams
<p>What is your BIRT version? Are you able to reproduce this issue with the sample database? If so, can you attach the design? Thanks!</p>