Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Parameter's "Default value" cached
ashley.owens
<p>Hello,</p><p>I had a default value set for a parameter (data type = Date Time). I've removed that value, allowing the user to run the report with no value for that parameter, but the original default value is still used in the report. It seems to be cached.</p><p>I've configured every dataset as "Needs cache for data-engine" = true and restarted BIRT, but that original default value keeps being used in the report! I've even tried deleting that parameter and creating a new one with a different name, but the original default value keeps appearing!</p><p>Does anyone know how to remove all references to an old default value?</p><p>Thanks so much for any advice!</p><p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>Have you made sure that the parameter has been removed from the data set builder under the UI section? I haven't seen this behavior before, if you're still having problems with it can you post the rptdesign?</p>
ashley.owens
<p>Hi kclark. Thanks so much for your reply! I'm not sure where in the BIRT Designer you're referring to here - "[font="Calibri, 'sans-serif';font-size:11pt;"]the data set builder under the UI section[/font]". Previously, I deleted the parameter and created a new one with a different name (and updated any references) and still had the same issue. I've attached the rptdesign file. The parameter I'm having trouble with is "ppenddate".</p><p>I appreciate your help!</p>
siraj_farooq
<p>this ui section is in data explorer under the data cube as report parameters...you have to remove parameters from there too....you have to delete parametersd from there manually...check out the report</p>
siraj_farooq
<p>problem with file size to upload</p><p> </p>
Hans_vd
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>In your report there is a lot of scripting going on. You seem to be retrieving the penddate from the database or something...</p><p>Could that be the problem you are facing?</p>
ashley.owens
<p>Yes, I did delete the parameter from the "Report Parameters" section in the Data Explorer tab. Still saw the old value show up.</p>
siraj_farooq
<p>have you removed condition of parameter from query ?</p>
Hans_vd
<p>Again: did you take a look at your scripting?</p><p> </p><p>I see this:</p><pre class="_prettyXprint">//Create parameter string to pass to db pkg:if(!params["ppenddate"].value) { ppenddate_call = endDate; //use endDate retrieved above from database} else { //use parameter value var sdf = new SimpleDateFormat("MM/dd/yyyy", reportContext.getLocale()); ppenddate_call = sdf.format(params["ppenddate"]);}</pre><p>So now that you have removed the parameter i suppose the ppenddate_call becomes equal to endDate, a value that you retrieve from a database earlier in the script.</p>