Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Receving memory error when I click on "preview tab"
Birt_Rookie
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>I am receiving below error for any report that I try to run using "preview " tab. Please advise.</p><p> </p><p> </p> <div><strong class='bbc'><span>java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError cannot be cast to java.lang.Exception</span></strong></div> <div>Show Exception Stack Trace</div> <div>Hide Exception Stack Trace</div> <div> Stack Trace: --stack trace is empty </div> <p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>You should see something like -Xmx2048m in eclipse.ini, this controls the maximum allowed memory. You might want to check this and double it. If the error still continues with no stack trace you can run eclipsec.exe which should give you some error information in the console.</p>
Birt_Rookie
<p>Hi Kclark,</p><p> </p><p>Thanks for responding.</p><p> </p><p>Below is my .ini file contents:</p><p> </p><p>-showsplash
org.eclipse.platform
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize
256M
-framework
pluginsorg.eclipse.osgi_3.4.2.R34x_v20080826-1230.jar
-vmargs
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.5
-Xms1024m
-Xmx2048m</p><p> </p><p>Also I tried running the sclipse via commadn prompt, no errros were logged there. I am kinda of stuck.</p><p>I have JDK version 1.7, is that the issue?</p>
kclark
<p>Is --launcher.XXMaxPermSize 256M the default or did you change it to 256? If it's the default try changing it to 512, I think there is a flag to allow dynamic max permgen space also, I'll have to dig into one of my old projects to find it.</p>
Birt_Rookie
<p>Hi Kclark,</p><p> </p><p>I deleted all versions of Eclipse from my machine. Downloaded from "</p> <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://archive.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/build.php?build=R-R1-2_3_1-200809221151'><span
style="font-size:9pt;">[font="verdana, sans-serif;"]
http://archive.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/build.php?build=R-R1-2_3_1-200809221151 [/font]</span></a>
; <p>"</p><p> </p><p>I created a new workspace and created a new project, added existing folder and Vola! it worked . No memory errros anymore.</p><p>I am guessing my installation was messed up somehow.</p><p>I appreciate all the help and patience on responding to my query. I hope some day I can help others too.</p>
kclark
<p>Thanks for the update! Glad it's working. I looked in my other workspace and I guess I hadn't added such an option, my mistake
</p>