Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Grouping by field in Secondary Data Set in Report Designer (BIRT)
albutt27
<p>I am building a custom business form layout. Is it possible to Group the primary table (based on Primary Data Set) by a field in a Secondary Data Set that is embedded within the primary table? When I use the Group option for the primary table it only lists fields in the Primary Data Set to group by. If it is not possible, are there any alternatives?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks in advance!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>As far as I know there isn't any way to group the outer table by data inside the nested table because the outer table is created before the nested table is. You might be able to create a joined data set for the outer table so it has what you would like to group by. If you can post an example rptdesign and some sample data I can try to write an example for you.</p>
albutt27
<p>Thanks for your reply! I'll look into it.
</p>