Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Excel Printing issue when columns are merged due to use of Table and Grid Combination
bokya
<p>[font="Arial, 'sans-serif';color:#222222;font-size:10.5pt;"]Hi,[/font]</p><p></p><p>[font="Arial, 'sans-serif';color:#222222;font-size:10.5pt;"] [/font]</p><p></p><p>[font="Arial, 'sans-serif';color:#222222;font-size:10.5pt;"]I am having very serious problem regarding "Export to Excel". I have a report which has Grid and Table combination. Grid has 4 columns and Table has 10 columns. When I do export to excel, Grid 4 columns occupies all A-J Excel columns like table occupies from A-J since table has 10 columns. It means Grid A-J(10 Excel columns) gets merged in to 4 columns since Grid has only 4 columns in report. Whereas each 10 columns of Table occupies one column of Excel. So merging of 4 Grid columns into 10 Excel columns will generate problem while printing excel document. [/font]</p><p></p><p>[font="Arial, 'sans-serif';color:#222222;font-size:10.5pt;"] [/font]</p><p></p><p>[font="Arial, 'sans-serif';color:#222222;font-size:10.5pt;"]To overcome this printing problem, 4 columns of Grid should occupy only 4 columns of Excel regardless of columns of Table. Please provide me right solution to avoid printing problem.[/font]</p><p></p><p>[font="Arial, 'sans-serif';color:#222222;font-size:10.5pt;"] [/font]</p><p></p><p>[font="Arial, 'sans-serif';color:#222222;font-size:10.5pt;"]Thanks & Regards,[/font]</p><p></p><p>[font="Arial, 'sans-serif';color:#222222;font-size:10.5pt;"]Bokya[/font]</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>Try out the Spudsoft emitter. If you're using 4.3, it's in there. If you're using a previous version, you can download the plugin from the marketplace:</p><p> </p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/marketplace/app-showcase/?app=102'>http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/marketplace/app-showcase/?app=102</a></p>
;
bhairavchampawat
<p>Hi I am using BIRT 4.3.2 and trying to export a report to excel. My report design has a grid with multiple rows and columns and in one of the grid cell I have a table. But when rendering the data in the excel format, it puts them in a single cell in the excel. How can I display that table properly in excel. Below is the java code i use to generate excel.</p><p> </p><p>EXCELRenderOption exceloptions =</p><p><strong class='bbc'>new</strong> EXCELRenderOption();</p><p>exceloptions.setOutputFormat(</p><p>"xlsx");</p><p>exceloptions.setOutputFileName(excelPath);</p><p>exceloptions.setOption(IExcelRenderOption.</p><p><em class='bbc'>OFFICE_VERSION</em>, "office2007");</p><p>exceloptions.setOption(IRenderOption.</p><p><em class='bbc'>EMITTER_ID</em>, "uk.co.spudsoft.birt.emitters.excel.XlsxEmitter");</p><p>exceloptions.setOption(<span class='bbc_underline'>EmitterConfig</span>.</p><p><em class='bbc'>KEY_PAGES_RANGE</em>, "1-3");</p><p>task.setRenderOption(exceloptions);</p><p>task.run();</p>
mwilliams
I see the issue you're talking about. You could file a report on this in the SpudSoft issues area:
<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://bitbucket.org/yaytay/spudsoft-birt-excel-emitters/issues?status=new&status=open'>https://bitbucket.org/yaytay/spudsoft-birt-excel-emitters/issues?status=new&status=open</a>
;
You could also log a bug in the bugzilla at <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://www.eclipse.org/birt/community'>https://www.eclipse.org/birt/community</a>
.