Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Excel Printing issue when columns are merged due to use of Table and Grid Combination
bokya
<p>[font="Arial, 'sans-serif';color:#222222;font-size:10.5pt;"]Hi,[/font]</p><p></p><p>[font="Arial, 'sans-serif';color:#222222;font-size:10.5pt;"] [/font]</p><p></p><p>[font="Arial, 'sans-serif';color:#222222;font-size:10.5pt;"]I am having very serious problem regarding "Export to Excel". I have a report which has Grid and Table combination. Grid has 4 columns and Table has 10 columns. When I do export to excel, Grid 4 columns occupies all A-J Excel columns like table occupies from A-J since table has 10 columns. It means Grid A-J(10 Excel columns) gets merged in to 4 columns since Grid has only 4 columns in report. Whereas each 10 columns of Table occupies one column of Excel. So merging of 4 Grid columns into 10 Excel columns will generate problem while printing excel document. [/font]</p><p></p><p>[font="Arial, 'sans-serif';color:#222222;font-size:10.5pt;"] [/font]</p><p></p><p>[font="Arial, 'sans-serif';color:#222222;font-size:10.5pt;"]To overcome this printing problem, 4 columns of Grid should occupy only 4 columns of Excel regardless of columns of Table. Please provide me right solution to avoid printing problem.[/font]</p><p></p><p>[font="Arial, 'sans-serif';color:#222222;font-size:10.5pt;"] [/font]</p><p></p><p>[font="Arial, 'sans-serif';color:#222222;font-size:10.5pt;"]Thanks & Regards,[/font]</p><p></p><p>[font="Arial, 'sans-serif';color:#222222;font-size:10.5pt;"]Bokya[/font]</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Use PDF for printing.
</p>
Yaytay
<p>What version of BIRT are you using?</p><p>Which emitter are you using?</p><p> </p><p>The SpudSoft emitter was written to solve that sort of problem (but nested tables/grids do make life difficult for it so it may get it wrong).</p><p> </p><p>Can you post a diagram of what you are trying to achieve?</p>
bokya
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>Thanks for your reply.. I am using 2.5.1 version.</p>