Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
birt checkboxes in Excel sheet not working
mvenkat
<p>In Birt when i design checkbox through html.these checkboxes are not working in exported Excel and PDF formates.is their any way to create check box in BIRT with out html.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Use visibility to show what you already have only in HTML and another set of report items for PDF and Excel using a font with a check mark with a border. For example Windings has such a symbol. Alternatively you can use an image.</p>
mvenkat
<p>i already tried this method with the help of checkbox image by using visibility option.i need the excat behaviour of checkbox(like if click it should be checked other wise it should be unchecked) .is their any way to create a check box with out html and images of checkbox.</p>
mvenkat
<p>i need the exact behaviour of html checkbox in exported xls sheet also. is it possible.please tell me the way with proper example. </p>
Yaytay
<p>I'm afraid I think you're out of luck.</p><p>Apache POI does not support adding checkboxes, which means none of the open source Excel emitters are going to support it.</p><p>You might find that either the Arctorus or the Actuate emitters support them, but I haven't heard of them doing so.</p><p> </p><p>One option that might sort you out (though I don't think so) is using a template file with the checkboxes already in place - so BIRT just changes the data (which the SpudSoft emitter can do).</p><p>However I suspect the number of checkboxes you want is going to change with each run, so that's not going to be much help.</p><p> </p><p>Another option is to write a VB macro that runs when the sheet is opened and put the appropriate checkboxes in place (if they aren't already there).</p><p>You'd then need to have that in a template file and it might work.</p><p> </p><p>Jim</p>
mvenkat
<p>how and where to write that VB macro.is it in excel sheet are birt report ? can you please provide that code snipt to write a macro for check box</p>
Yaytay
<p>You'd need to write it in an Excel workbook that was used as a template file for the report (so instead of creating a new Excel workbook BIRT writes inside one that already exists).</p><p>As to what the macro would contain, I'm afraid I don't know.</p><p>You'll also have problems opening an Excel workbook containing macros unless you jump through a load of hoops (that again I don't know anything about).</p><p> </p><p>So I'm afraid you are on your own.</p><p>If you get it working it'd make a great DevShare article, but personally I'd give up.</p><p> </p><p>Jim</p>
mvenkat
<p>how do i a [color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]write an Excel workbook that was used as a template file for my report .please give more information regrading that.[/color]</p>
Yaytay
<p>That's a feature of the SpudSoft Excel Emitters (<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://bitbucket.org/yaytay/spudsoft-birt-excel-emitters/'>https://bitbucket.org/yaytay/spudsoft-birt-excel-emitters/</a>).</p><p> </p><p>Create
an Excel file to use as the template.</p><p>Make sure it's got a worksheet in it with the same name as the report table containing the data.</p><p>When you render the report pass in a RenderOption with the name "<strong>ExcelEmitter.TemplateFile</strong>" and the value that is the full path to the template file.</p>
mvenkat
<p>can u give a step by step procedure to do this.?</p>
mvenkat
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mvenkat" data-cid="120298" data-time="1379323200"><div><p>can u give a step by step procedure to do this.?</p></div></blockquote><p>i am not clear with ur description.please give me the step by step procedure to do this</p>
mvenkat
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mvenkat" data-cid="120302" data-time="1379327646"><div><p>i am not clear with ur description.please give me the step by step procedure to do this</p></div></blockquote><p>wil native XLS emitter support this functionality ??????</p>
micajblock
<p>Native emitters (PDF and Excel) do not support this functionality. I think your only option would be to extend the OOTB emiters to create a custom emitter with the functionality you require. The main issue here (I think) is that you are probably using JavaScript for the HTML functionality and neither ODF nor Excel support JavaScript.</p>
mvenkat
<p>then what is the solution for my problem. please tell me a stright and ultimate solution</p>
micajblock
<p>I thought I just did. Create a custom emitter. Not trivial but possible. Google it. BTW if you have the functionality in HTML, why do you need it in Excel and PDF? What do the check marks do?</p>
mvenkat
<p>in my database table i have millions of data. in this data only i want to generate report.report contains huge amount of data.i just want to filter that data by using some form controles like chech box ,radio buttons. this is my client requirement plz help me.</p>
micajblock
<p>Why are you not using report parameters????</p>
Yaytay
<p>Can you provide more details?</p><p>How many checkboxes do you think you'll need (roughly, given that it will change)?</p><p> </p><p>How are you running the report?</p><p>Are you using the BIRT designer (aka eclipse), or are you using some for of report server?</p>
mvenkat
<p>yes i am using report parameters....</p><p>my requriment is like this </p><p> male() female()</p><p> i want to give a chance client chose any one of this. if "male" is selected the male checked box will be select otherwise it should be unchecked</p>
micajblock
<p>OK, now I am confused. So what is not working? Are you saying when you run the report with an Excel output the parameters are being ignored?</p>
mvenkat
<span>Yaytay,</span><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p><span>i am using native xls emiter and designed my reports in eclipse,run the reports in tomcat7</span></p>
mvenkat
<p>yes.... </p>
micajblock
<p>In eclipse? or your application? please provide as much details as possible. If :</p><ul class='bbcol decimal'><li>the report parameters are setup correctly </li><li>and your application is setting them </li><li>and you report is using them correctly</li></ul><p>there is no way that the result sets will be different in HTML, PDF, or Excel</p>
mvenkat
<p>i done every thing correctly. my simple question is how to display a checkbox in xls sheet in BIRT report.????</p>
micajblock
<p>..but that is not what you asked. You said you want them to function? What do you mean? As I said earlier displaying is easy either via images or font.</p><p> </p><p>. Please provide your complete detailed requirements. Without it I cannot help further.</p>