Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to add tool bar( pagination) to custom Viewer Servlet in birt report
ranjan229
<p><span>I am a java developer. Working on birt report. I facing problem with that.
I need a report, where resultset will be provided from j2ee application( as sql query includes dynamic table name according to condition) as well as display column will be dynamic depending upon choice of user(suppose, user1 choose col1,col3,col5 and user2 choose col1,col2,col3,col4,col5) in report generation. My solution 1) Create custom ViewerServlet 2) pass resultset
do the needful. I have implemented first approach but can not incorporate tool bar(pagination, export etc.).Please give me an idea to add tool bar in my custom viewer servlet. No solution for 2nd approach. I got "techieocean.blogspot.in/2009/06/how-to-pass-resultset-to-birt-report.html" in web but need in brief to do this. Please help me.</span></p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>Have you looked at the web viewer example to see how it creates the toolbar navigation?</p><p> </p><p>For the second one, you could probably pass your resultset through the application context to the report and create a scripted dataset with it.</p>
ranjan229
<p>In web viewer example , viewer Servlet(org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.ViewerServlet) do all things.Need to pass report name and others.I have to create dynamic report.</p><p>I do not have source code of ViewerServlet. So, no idea what is going on there for tool bar. But I am creating a Custom Servlet which create report (with out tool bar) using birt engine and work fine. Need help (with example) to add tool bar to my custom servlet using birt report lib.</p>
mwilliams
<p>Here is a link to where you can download the source. The viewer source will also be a part of this. If you can send me your servlet code, I can maybe help you find a way to do this.</p><p> </p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://git.eclipse.org/c/birt/org.eclipse.birt.git/refs/'>http://git.eclipse.org/c/birt/org.eclipse.birt.git/refs/</a></p>
;
ranjan229
<p>I have attached my custom viewer servlet. Please change it to add pagination and tool bar.please sir.
mwilliams
<p>I've not written a custom servlet with a toolbar and pagination before, so I'll be in the same boat as you. If I find time to look into it, I'll let you know what I find. Have you downloaded the source and looked at the webviewerexample source?</p>