Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
display data dynamically based on foreign key
userbirt90
<p>I generate a report, where it asks the user for an id. base on this id, it will display the data from the table. (the id is a foreign key). we can have same id in the same table. so it should displays all the data related to this id.</p><p>example:</p><p> </p><p>1st record should be like this:</p><p> </p><p>date:</p><p>id:</p><p>name:</p><p>lastname:</p><p> </p><p> now if we have more than 1 record on this id it should be displayed below like this :
</p><p>date:</p><p>id:</p><p>name:</p><p>lastname:</p><div> </div><div> </div><div><p>date:</p><p>id:</p><p>name:</p><p>lastname:</p><div> </div></div><p>date:</p><p>id:</p><p>name:</p><p>lastname:</p><div> </div><div> </div><div> </div><div>Can it be done in BIRT report?I need help . thanks in advance. </div><div> </div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>What kind of data source are you using? To pull back just the data related to that ID you could write a query that would look something like this</p><pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-">select date, id, name, lastnamefrom sometablewhere id = ?</pre><p>Then link your parameter to that query.</p><p> </p><p>To display the data if you have more than one record as you described you'll need to group the table. I'd suggest on the date. Select the table > property editor > groups. Then you can add your group from here.</p>
BRM
<p>You can also have more than one detail row in a table. Select the detail row of the table, right click and select add rows above/below. Then arrange the fields of your data set like you want. In this case you want them arranged vertically rather than horizontally. Its unconventional but easy to do.</p>
userbirt90
<p>ok thanks it works. I use table.</p><p> </p><p>I have one more question, how to make table border to be displayed?</p>
BRM
<p>You can set table borders in the 'Border' tab of Properties.</p>