Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Eliminating duplicates in a dataset
ststrou
<div>I have a BIRT report that reads from a UML model data source. The report has a dataset containing all of the Actors appearing on a use case diagram. Then in a List, I print the name and description of each of those Actors. In some cases the same Actor appears twice on the diagram, in which case BIRT dutifully prints the Actor name/description twice. I would like to make it smarter, so that it only prints each Actor name/description once. Since this is a very common situation, I would think BIRT would have some way to easily handle this presumably common situation but if so I can't find it. I tried using a table instead of a list and enabling the "Suppress duplicates" checkbox on the column but that had no effect whatsoever. Anybody know how to do this?</div><div> </div><div>PS: I am using BIRT 2.6.2 (included in Rational Software Architect 8.5).</div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>You're wanting to have the duplicates suppressed in only this list, correct? You could group the list on the actor name and they should only appear once.</p>
ststrou
Ah, that did the trick. Thanks!
kclark
<p>You're welcome, glad it's working!
</p>