Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Nested Tables Return Only First Row
smellbop
<p>Hi guys,</p><p>I'm using BIRT 3.7.1 and when I run a very simple nested table report, it only returns the first row. UNLESS I nest the sub-table within another table that is unbound!</p><p> </p><p>This has been tested on my colleague's older version of BIRT (2.3.2 I think) and works.</p><p> </p><p>I've been struggling with this for a while, so any help would be greatly appreciated!</p><p> </p><p>P.S. let me know if it runs first time on yours! I would suggest config issue but it doesn't run in maximo 7.5.03 either</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
wwilliams
<p>Did you search for that issue? I think this may be the same issue</p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/index.php?/topic/29723-subreport-query-fails-to-run-after-first-non-null-row-returned-for-maximo-75/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/index.php?/topic/29723-subreport-query-fails-to-run-after-first-non-null-row-returned-for-maximo-75/</a></p>
;
smellbop
<p>I think you're spot on! It's a bit too late for my old reports but for any new ones, I'll be sure to use this!</p><p> </p><p>Thank you!</p>
micajblock
<p>I found that the issue was with the names of the objects in scripts for the Maximo scripted data source. If you changed the open to this (note that the variable name is subDataSet not maximoDataSet):</p><div><pre class="_prettyXprint">subDataSet = MXReportDataSetProvider.create(this.getDataSource().getName(), this.getName());subDataSet.open();var sqlText = new String();sqlText = " SELECT wonum wochild from workorder wo "+ " where wo.parent = '" + inputParams["wonum"] + "'" ;subDataSet.setQuery(sqlText);</pre></div><div>and the fetch to this:</div><div><div><pre class="_prettyXprint">if (!subDataSet.fetch())return (false);row["wochild"] =subDataSet.getString("wochild");return (true);</pre></div><div>then it worked!</div></div>