Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Table at the bottom of the last page
jrajeev76
<p>I have a requirement where my report is going to contain 4 tables. The first and last table are of fixed height but the records in second and third table are dynamic. They might span multiple pages. My requirement is to place the fourth table which is of fixed height in the last line of the last page. If for example if the first three tables spans only one page and there is space left for the fourth table then I have to show the table in the last line of the first page but if it is more than 1 page then I have to show the fourth table only in the last line of the last page. The fourth table is having a height of 4 inches. I tried to put the fourth table in the master page footer and tried to show it only in the last page otherwise make it hidden. But this worked properly only if the report contains only one page. If it is more than one page then in each page except the last page it is taking extra space for the footer which is hidden that I don't want.</p><p>Please let me know your ideas to solve this particular issue.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
BRM
<p>Try putting the fourth table inside the footer of the third table.</p>
jrajeev76
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I want the fourth table to be displayed at the bottom of the last page. If I put the fourth table inside the footer of the third table then it doesn't guarantee that it isgoing to displayed right at the bottom of the page. Please correct me if I'm wrong.</p>
BRM
<p>You are correct. I didn't understand that part of your requirement.</p>
BRM
<p>The solution is to pad the footer with line equal to (total number of lines on the page) - (lines printing on the last page) - (lines required by your fourth table). Attached is a simple report design that prints a table at the 10th line of the last page. The way I have done this in the past is to keep a running lineNumber variable that resets when there is a page break. Then you can pad the footer of your table with lines that are hidden if the number of lines on the last page of the report would "cover them up". You would do this in the footer of your third table.</p><p> </p><p>The problem of absolute positioning on a report is a nasty one IMO. If you are good with report scripting you could dynamically add lines to the footer instead of "hard coding" them like I have.</p><p> </p><p>Hope this helps.</p>
jrajeev76
<p>Thanks a lot for your solution. I will give it a try.</p>