Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
can I access the dataset from the onCreate handler for a table cell?
gib65
<p>In the OnCreate handler for a table cell, is it possible to get access to the dataset itself? I know that in the onFetch handler for the dataset, I have access to the current row of the dataset (referred to by "row"), but does that mean the current row is the limit of my scope in that handler, or is there a way of accessing data outside the current row (i.e. anything having to do with the dataset overall)?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks for any forthcoming replies.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>You can access the current row's value from the script. Can you tell me what you're trying to achieve and I'll try and help?</p>
gib65
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mwilliams" data-cid="120542" data-time="1379620401"><div><p>Can you tell me what you're trying to achieve and I'll try and help?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p>Nothing in particular. It's just a question I've been meaning to post since I can see it being very convenient for some applications and I haven't come across a way to do it.</p><p> </p><p>Is it possible?</p>
mwilliams
<p>You can use variables to store past values for comparison purposes. You could also pre-process the dataset to be able to use future row values for your calculations, but you can't simply access the next row from the current row's onCreate script.</p>
gib65
<p>Okay, thanks mwilliams.</p>
mwilliams
<p>No problem. Let me know if you need help doing this.</p>