Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Large DataSet not caching
Tubal
<p>Hi all.</p><p> </p><p>I have a report that has several tables that all access the same dataset.</p><p> </p><p>Each table is filtering differently so I have different views of the data.</p><p> </p><p>I'm having a problem where sometimes the query will run once for each table, even though they all access the same dataset with the same parameters, and I THINK it has to do with the size of the dataset that's returned.</p><p> </p><p>i.e. if it's a small resultset, there are no problems.</p><p> </p><p>If it's a large resultset, it reruns the query each time it needs it (8 times in my case). The query takes approx. 5 minutes to run, so it turns a 6 minute report into an hour report.</p><p> </p><p>I'm wondering if it has to do with the cache size. If it hits a certain limit it no longer caches?</p><p> </p><p>I've checked the 'needs cache for data-engine' setting, and it's set to true.</p><p> </p><p>Is there anything else that I should be looking for?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks,</p><p> </p><p>Phil</p><p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>Are you filtering on the table item or in your query? To speed things up you might create a new data set for each table to filter the results in the query. You should see a performance boost.</p>