Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Unable to use POJO data source/set to retrieve data from an EJB
Mat
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>I have been trying to use the POJO data source/set to retreive data from an EJB. Since i am unable to pass in any context, i was trying to look up the EJB & get the data inside the below method in the dataset class,
void open( Object appContext, Map<String, Object> dataSetParamValues ) throws OdaException;</p><p> </p><p>This however fails with a classcast exception when the reference is narrowed. The viewer servlet and the EJBS are deployed in a single ear in JBoss AS 7.</p><p> </p><p>I couldn't see any real world examples of how to use the POJO data source/set and the documentation also seems to be very minimal.</p><p> </p><p>Any pointers on how to go about using the POJO data soource/set would be really helpful.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>So, you're not able to pass your object into BIRT like this:</p><p> </p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Adding_an_Object_to_the_Application_Context_for_the_Viewer_(BIRT)'>http://wiki.eclipse.org/Adding_an_Object_to_the_Application_Context_for_the_Viewer_(BIRT)</a></p>
;
Mat
<p>Thanks Micheal. I figured it out later. The problem with the classcast exceptions when the reference was narrowed was due to the class loading behavior in JBoss 7, since my birt libraries were deployed as a module while my POJO classes were deployed in a war inside an ear. I am sorry i missed updating the thread.</p>
mwilliams
<p>Not a problem. Glad you found the issue. Let us know whenever you have questions!
</p>