Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
CCI in IWOV 6.0
System
Does anyone know if version 6 of Teamsite supports the CCI (Casual Contributor Interface)
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Why wouldn't it?
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Migrateduser
I read that webdesk is not supported anymore - so I was curious if the CCI always was going by the wayside - and we use it very heavily
Migrateduser
Well if it isn't supported then Interwoven better be ready for lots of **** off customers. I would assume they would provide as much backward compatability as possible - even going out of their way to provide this. If they are pulling any functionality that could be hardcoded into much of their customer's scripts, then they had better give us all a big heads up well in advance.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Migrateduser
Preview pdf for 6.0 it states:
Moving forward with Interwoven 6:
WebDesk will no longer be supported
WebDesk Pro will continue to live on but reside at a
separate URL.
However it contridcits itself when it also states:
Customizations made to WebDesk and
WebDesk Pro that work on TS 5.5.2 will
be maintened in 6.0
So what is it?
Also with all the new workflow functionality - I'm curious about the support for the CCI as well?
Edited by koneill on 08/05/03 09:07 AM (server time).
Migrateduser
Interwoven doumentation at its best. I thought they were going to sort of merge Webdesk into WebdeskPro so there would be one interface for everyone. This just goes to show that clearer documentation is needed on what functionality will be there and won't be there.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Migrateduser
Hi,
I'm stepping in here to assuage all your fears. Old 5.0.x and 5.5.2 CCI URLs will be fully supported in TS 6.
If you have more questions, please email me back personally.
Thanks,
David Yun
Product Manager, Client Tools
dyun@interwoven.com
Migrateduser
Thanks David. Does there exist a document stating anything that will no longer be supported, if applicable?
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
sample2P.pdf
out_sample2P.pdf
Migrateduser
There is nothing that is being formally not supported in TeamSite 6...a few things are changing or being implemented in another way...I'll sync up with you at the Portland IUG meeting on the 19 Aug...will you be there?
David Yun
Product Manager, Client Tools
dyun@interwoven.com
Migrateduser
I'm not sure if I'll be there or not yet. I didn't realize you were the one coming up for that. I'll do my best to try and be there. Thanks, David.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com