Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Chart scripting - onRender functions ignored with presence of Java hanlder
hanl1
<p>Hey guys I am a new comer to BIRT and I am trying to design a report in which the series labels within a chart are dynamically assigned based on the data loaded. There's a Java event handler class that I have to include, but I am free to override it with javascript. However, it seems that all the code I put into the onRender scripting area of the chart is being completely ignored - whatever code or nonsense I put in there is not being picked up. Forgive me for not giving more details because I am still trying to figure out what's happening in concept. I thought javascript handlers will override Java handlers, no? I tried to not include any Java handlers, and my code got picked up. I also do not see this problem if I override onRender() on a label. </p><p>I guess my question is, how does BIRT know which chart handler to use? How come javascript code can be totally ignored? </p><p> </p><p>Any help or ideas would be much appreciated!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
hanl1
<p>Just as a follow-up, it turned out that it is definitely possible to write the Java event handlers in such a way that any further javascript code gets totally ignored. </p>
Virgil Dodson
<p>moving to the Designing BIRT Reports forum</p>