Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How do I make a chart using aggregations in footer rows of a table?
mkdz
<p>I made a table that is bound to a data set. There are no detail rows. There are only two footer rows that have an aggregation in each. The aggregations are a count on the data set with a different filter applied to each. </p><p> </p><p>I tried to make a chart of this. When I got to the <strong>Select Data</strong> data part, I selected <strong>Use Data from</strong> and picked my table. How would I make my <strong>Slice Size Definition</strong> be my aggregations? How would I make the <strong>Category Definition</strong> be the labels in my table? I can't figure out what to put in the definition fields.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
BRM
<p>I have dealt with this issue before as well. You might look at the defining a separate dataset that has the necessary aggregations. If you are using SQL to define the dataset then this is easy. If not then you may have to look into a scripted dataset. </p>
GLO_FR
<p>Hi mkdz,</p><p> </p><p>do you need your table ? It looks more simple to do with a simple SQL query</p><p>like</p><p>select label,</p><p> sum(case when condition1=xx and condition2=xx then value else 0 end) as myAggregation1,</p><p> sum(case when condition1=yy and condition2=yy then value else 0 end) as myAggregation2,</p><p> sum(case when condition1=zz and condition2=zz then value else 0 end) as myAggregation3,</p><p>...</p><p>from ...</p><p>where ..</p><p>group by label</p><p> </p><p>and after that doing a "simple" pie chart</p>