Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Access to ChartScriptContext object from outside
hanl1
<p>Hello Guys,</p><p> </p><p>I am pretty new to BIRT and recently I've been trying to create a report that renames the series of a chart dynamically, based on the information from the dataset. However, due to a specific development environment I have to use a existing Java event handler class which basically suppresses any javascript I put in to <em>onRender </em>within the chart scripts. But I am able to override events in the cell that contains this chart. My question is, is it possible to access the <em>IChartScriptContext </em>object that I would get inside the charts scripts functions(e.g, function beforeGeneration( chart, <strong>icsc </strong>)) from the cell context ? </p><p>Sorry if this is a stupid question, I have no idea where the <em>IChartScriptContext </em>object is created and passed in.</p><p> </p><p>Let me know if you need more details. Thanks in advance!</p><p> </p><p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>If you're wanting to change the name of a series in a chart from your data set I would suggest doing your logic outside of the chart, then creating a PGV. After that you could call that PGV using icsc when building your chart.</p>