Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
concatenate the data in a column
gery
<p><span><span>As</span> <span>I can</span> <span>get</span> <span>to</span> <span>concatenate</span> <span>data from a</span> <span>table column</span><span>?</span></span></p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gery
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="gery" data-cid="120667" data-time="1380104709"><div><p><span><span>As</span> <span>I can</span> <span>get</span> <span>to</span> <span>concatenate</span> <span>data from a</span> <span>table column</span><span>?</span></span></p><p><span><span>in</span> <span>beforeFactory</span></span></p></div></blockquote>
mwilliams
<p>The data from your dataset is not available in the beforeFactory. You'd have to use the data engine to pull your data from the beforeFactory script to have this access. What are you trying to do?</p><p> </p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/_/designing-birt-reports/1542-data-engine-api-to-check-data-set-values'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/_/designing-birt-reports/1542-data-engine-api-to-check-data-set-values</a></p>
;
gery
<p><span><span>This part</span> <span>of the code</span> <span>concatenates the</span> <span>dato.Pero</span> <span>not</span> <span>add</span> <span>the comma and</span> <span>not</span> <span>like</span><span>!</span></span></p><p> </p><p>csg[11] = StructureFactory.createComputedColumn( );
csg[11].setName("ZTotalUsuario");
csg[11].setAggregateFunction("concatenate");
csg[11].setExpression("dataSetRow["id_usuario"]");
csg[11].setDataType("string");
csg[11].setAggregateOn("ZonaGroup");
computedSet.addItem( csg[11] );</p>
gery
<p> :wacko:</p>
gery
<p>as I can add a comma concatenate</p>
mwilliams
<p>Glad you got it working.</p>
gery
<p> :rolleyes:</p>
gery
<p>Actually, its not still working as I would like. I need to use a comma as separator, but i dont know how to do it. Do you know how to do that?</p>
gery
<p>Actually, its not still working as I would like. I need to use a comma as separator, but i dont know how to do it. Do you know how to do that?</p><p> </p><p>csg[11] = StructureFactory.createComputedColumn( );
csg[11].setName("ZTotalUsuario");
csg[11].setAggregateFunction("concatenate");
csg[11].setExpression("dataSetRow["id_usuario"]");
csg[11].setDataType("string");
csg[11].setAggregateOn("ZonaGroup");
computedSet.addItem( csg[11] );</p>
mwilliams
<p style="margin:0px;color:rgb(34,34,34);">Look at this function for your computed column:</p><p style="margin:0px;color:rgb(34,34,34);"> </p><p style="margin:0px;color:rgb(34,34,34);"><strong class='bbc'><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://help.eclipse.org/helios/topic/org.eclipse.birt.doc.isv/model/api/org/eclipse/birt/report/model/api/ComputedColumnHandle.html#addArgument(org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.elements.structures.AggregationArgument)'>addArgument</a></strong>(<a
data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://help.eclipse.org/helios/topic/org.eclipse.birt.doc.isv/model/api/org/eclipse/birt/report/model/api/elements/structures/AggregationArgument.html'
title="class in org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.elements.structures">AggregationArgument</a> argument)[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Times New Roman';font-size:medium;] [/color]<br />
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Times New Roman';font-size:medium;] Adds an arguments to list.[/color]</p>
gery
<p>Thank you mwilliams!
It works
</p>
mwilliams
<p>Great. Glad to help!</p>
gery
<p>Hello!
Anyone know how I can order from highest to lowest column.
It's my column that returns database.
thank you!</p>
mwilliams
Can you explain a little further? Are you talking about ordering your concatenated field high to low? Or a totally separate question?