Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Different headers for different pagebreaks
sabu22
<p>Hi all,
There is my requirement in which i need to change the header on every new page.
I had tried to achieve that by creating a page variable and a report variable. I used to increment the report variable on every pageEnd script then i used the value as a page variable. I used this page variable in the onRender script of the label and changed it accordingly.The prolem is this is only working when i am viewing it through the report viewer While exporting it to pdf or word i am unable to achieve this. I have attached a dummy report for this
Similarly i tried to use</p><p> </p><p>if(pageNumber>1){
this .text= "Header change"}
But this is also not working ..
Kindly note that i am not forcing any page breaks here, it is automatically done by birt tool. If i force page breaks it might work but my requirrement is not that.
I want to change my the header of my report on the basis of pagebreaks which are created automatically. I have just created a dummy report for this scenario
I am struggling with this scenario.
Can someone kindly help.
</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>For this to work, you'll need separate run and render tasks. From the designer, this means running to the web viewer and then exporting to PDF. Or if you use external browsers, you can run to pdf, then change the url to frameset, instead of preview. Hope this helps.</p>
sabu22
<p>Thanks for the reply.....</p><p> </p><p>I am new to BIRT and i am trying out to achieve the above scenario. It would be great if you could guide me how to achieve run and render differently . Or any example which explains this scenario. I am seriously struggling with this.
</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Thanx again</p>
sabu22
<p>Hi williams..</p><p> </p><p>Thanx for the reply i was able to achieve it by puttiing the run and reply task differently</p>
mwilliams
<p>Great! Glad you got it working!</p>