Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Table Orientation in BIRT
Priya R
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>Data in Tables are displaying in Vertical Format by default. Is there any way that we can show that in Horizontal format in BIRT.</p><p> </p><p>For eg:- I have a table that displays the data in details section like below format</p><p> </p><p><strong><<AttributeCode>> <<value>></strong></p><p> </p><p><strong>FIRSTNAME Reily</strong></p><p><strong>LASTNAME Richard</strong></p><p><strong>AGE 20</strong></p><p><strong>Mobile 786958832</strong></p><p>etc......</p><p> </p><p>I wanted to display this in horizontal format in Excel sheet through BIRT.</p><p> </p><p><strong>FIRSTNAME LASTNAME AGE MOBILE</strong></p><p><strong>Reily Richard 20 786958832</strong></p><p> </p><p>Is this possible?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>look here</p><p> </p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/_/designing-birt-reports/705-multiple-columns-within-a-list'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/_/designing-birt-reports/705-multiple-columns-within-a-list</a></p>
;
Priya R
<p>Thanks for the quick reply..</p><p> </p><p>HorizontalList example when you open in Excel Format, it still appears in Vertical way. ie in rows. I want to display that in separate columns.</p>
micajblock
<p>Then look at this:</p><p> </p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/_/designing-birt-reports/1617-transposing-data'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/_/designing-birt-reports/1617-transposing-data</a></p>
;
Priya R
<p>This is what exactly I am looking for....</p><p> </p><p>I have a problem with the below code.</p><p> </p><p class=""><span>var</span> dsrc = reportContext.getDesignHandle().findDataSource(<span>"XML"</span>);</p><p class=""><span>var</span> dset = reportContext.getDesignHandle().findDataSet(<span>"Sample"</span>);</p><p class=""> </p><p class=""><span>var</span> odaDataSource = <span>new</span> OdaDataSourceDesign( <span>"Test Data Source"</span> );</p><p class=""><span>odaDataSource.setExtensionID( </span>"<strong>org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.oda.xml</strong>"<span> );</span></p><p class="">odaDataSource.addPublicProperty( <span>"FILELIST"</span>, dsrc.getProperty(<span>"FILELIST"</span>).toString() );</p><p class=""> </p><p class=""><span>var</span> odaDataSet = <span>new</span> OdaDataSetDesign( <span>"Test Data Set"</span> );</p><p class="">odaDataSet.setDataSource( odaDataSource.getName( ) );</p><p class=""><span>odaDataSet.setExtensionID( </span>"<strong>org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.oda.xml.dataSet</strong>"<span> );</span></p><p class="">odaDataSet.setQueryText( dset.getQueryText() );</p><p class=""> </p><p class="">I am using Web Service Data Source to create the first data source(here name 'XML') .. I tried to replace the "<strong>org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.oda.xml" </strong>with<strong> "</strong><strong>org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.oda.ws"</strong> but giving exceptions.. Am I doing something wrong here?</p><p class=""> </p><p class="">What should I use for Web service datasource?</p>
micajblock
<p>The easiest thing to do is look at the XML Source for your design and see what extension and properties it is using.</p>