Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to integrate BIRT rpt file with Java Liferay
Abdur Rahmaan
<p>Hi All,</p><p> </p><p>I have created RPT design reports with cascading parameters, working fine when executing, successfully integrated to our application which has been developed by Java Liferay CE. Now, the challenging part is when an user <strong>" A "</strong> logs-in to our application, his UserId has to be passed as a parameter in BIRT report and he can be able to see only his reports nor others. But as of now my RPT file is talking to the backend database and it gives all the users Id's in the parameter list box. How can I direct my report to front end data which is often dynamic. Looking for work around. Can anyone guide me to solve this. Waiting for answers. Thanks </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Abdur Rahmaan
<p>Hi Can anyone suggest me how to do this integration Part. I am struggling lot to get out of this. Waiting for your assistance. thanks.</p>
Abdur Rahmaan
<p>Can anyone reply for my post, I am searching for solution more than 2 weeks, yet I didn't get it. Can anyone atleast tell me whether it could be achieved or not in BIRT. what s the work around for this.</p>
mwilliams
<p>Sorry for the delay. Can you be more specific about where you're stuck at on this?</p>
shailu
<p>Hi Abdur,</p><p> </p><p>In my project I have done same thing. What we have done is, we have created one manage report and user page. Manage report page uploads all reports which we developed, store actual file at particular location and metadata regarding report get stored in liferay database. Manage user page manages what all reports user can see. It fetches list of reports from database which we stored earlier from that list we can select reports. This information get stored in liferay database. So whenever any user logs in as per user Id data of reports get displayed from liferay database.</p><p> </p><p>Another approach is,</p><p>You can create different roles in liferay control panel. And in database you can create one table which will store roles and reports assigned to it in separate column. You can assign particular role to user, so when user logs in you can filter report list depending upon user role.</p>
Abdur Rahmaan
<p>Thanks for your response Shailu & mwilliams,
</p><p> </p><p>[color=#0000cd;]@ mwilliams[/color] : Let me explain with an example, there is a report which has a parameter like "Select_User" with (list box) display type. Users are A, B, C & D. when we select any of the user it shows the corresponding user report. This works fine in BIRT tool. Now I am integrating this report with my Liferay Java application. After integrating it works fine as worked as in BIRT tool.</p><p> </p><p>Now in my application, if user 'A' logs-in, then this 'A' value should be passed as a parameter in "Select_User" parameter. And it has to show only 'A' s report, not B , C and D. User A should not see other users's report. Currently my BIRT report is talking to backend database. How to make it to talk with front end application. Its a kind of roles and permissions.</p><p>Similarly for B user , C user and D user.</p><p> </p><p>Is this possible in BIRT Mr.mwilliams. Suggest me your ideas.</p><p> </p><p>[color=#0000cd;]@ Shailu : [/color]My questions may little bit annoy you, kindly bear with me.</p><p> </p><p>1: where I have to create manage report and user page ?. In liferay or in BIRT report designer ?.</p><p>2: FYI, I am not using BIRT BI tool. I am using only BIRT Report Designer.</p><p>3 : I need some detailed answers from you. If u don mind shall we go for tele call discussion.</p><p> </p><p>Once again thank u guys for ur assistance.</p>
Abdur Rahmaan
<p>Hey guys can you please reply for my post. Actually I am waiting for solution longtime. </p>
Keerthivasan KP
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Abdur Rahmaan" data-cid="120837" data-time="1380620233">
<div>
<p>Hi All,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have created RPT design reports with cascading parameters, working fine when executing, successfully integrated to our application which has been developed by Java Liferay CE. Now, the challenging part is when an user <strong>" A "</strong> logs-in to our application, his UserId has to be passed as a parameter in BIRT report and he can be able to see only his reports nor others. But as of now my RPT file is talking to the backend database and it gives all the users Id's in the parameter list box. How can I direct my report to front end data which is often dynamic. Looking for work around. Can anyone guide me to solve this. Waiting for answers. Thanks </p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p>Hello Abdur,</p>
<p> I am new to Liferay. I am using Liferay 6. CE GA4, and have integrated visioneo report portlet from Liferay Market place.</p>
<p>I have created the new report using eclipse and I want to integrate it with liferay. So, please help me how to integrate my report file to liferay and view it in liferay.</p>
<p>Thanks.</p>