Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Launch DCR with browser UI
ela
Hi,
in the TeamSite GUI I've set the templates to open with browser based templating, and it works fine when opening without workflows. However, when opening from a workflow the Java templating client gets launched instead, which is wrong. How can I change this?
(TeamSite 5.0.2 on Solaris)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
meikel
HI, I've a similar problem.
I want to open a DCR from a perl script. Is that able to do?
How do you open it from the workflow?
regards
meikel Selbmann
ela
I've got a user task with a CGI task as successor, and the CGI task calls a perl script, which launches the DCR.
My problem might be that the perl script calls
iwtmplapplauncher.cgi
. I've attached the script, in case somebody can see what's wrong. The iwtmplapplauncher.cgi file is unreadable for me, so I can't see if it's possible to change something there.
Adam Stoller
I think there's a different CGI to use when launching the Edit DCR window for browser-based templating.
I don't recall off-hand, but I think it was something like editdcr.cgi or dcredit.cgi, or something like that. There is probably a KB or two on this as well - so you might want to search there too.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
ela
Thanks for the tip! After checking the source code for the file option "Edit File/Data Record" when chosing "Edit Task", I saw that it calls
/iw-bin/iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi/iweditfile.cgi/editfile
.
However, now I obviously need to add the user somewhere in the command, because I get this error message when trying to launch the DCR:
"TeamSite FileEdit
Error: User Name not available"
I've tried this:
my $EditDCRCommand = "/iw-bin/iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi/iweditfile.cgi/editfile __TAG__('iw_user');";
It returns the correct user, but how to parse it to the CGI script?
ela
Help! I still haven't figured it out and would be extremely thankful for some help!
ela
Hi, got a tip from Interwoven to look up Knowledge Base Article 2231. Adjusted my existing script accordingly to the article and now it actually works!:-). Thought I'd share this with forum in case there are others with the same problem.