Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to overlapping report items in BIRT?
yaragallamurali
<p>[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, 'Liberation Sans', 'DejaVu Sans', sans-serif;font-size:13.333333969116211px;]For some reason I need to overlap 2 report elements in BIRT. For example I need to put 2 labels one on top of another. Is this possible in BIRT? I am using BIRT 4.3. Normally when we place elements in report designer each item is occupying one full row. Some times i need to overlap elements and sometimes i need to place elements side by side. side by side can be achieved with Grid but I am not sure how to overlap report items? Please help and thanks in advance.[/color]</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>What kind of elements are you trying to overlap?</p>
yaragallamurali
<p>I am trying to overlap Grid and Label. To check what actually i am trying for please visit the following link so that you can understand my requirement.</p><p> </p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B59LVhKQaKQYdXB2T1pNbWxhQ0k/edit?usp=sharing'>https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B59LVhKQaKQYdXB2T1pNbWxhQ0k/edit?usp=sharing</a></p>
;
micajblock
<p>BIRT design is based on HTML grids and tables. As such they do not support layering as you require. The only workaround that I am aware of is to break the label in to 2 images, place one in the grid an the other on top of the grid. Make sure all padding is set to 0.</p>
yaragallamurali
<p>ok. will try that. Thank you.</p>