Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
how to grow the height of the data element dynamically in grid?
yaragallamurali
<p>Hi I have placed a data element in the grid. The data element is mapped to a database column. The data element should have fixed width and it has to grow it's height dynamically based on the length of the data and the data should be wrapped in the data element. How can we achieve this?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
yaragallamurali
<p>Any help on this will be deeply appreciated. Thanks. </p>
GLO_FR
<p>Hi, you have to set the width on the grid in the Properties > General sheet.</p><p>Wrapping in auto mode should be ok</p><p>Here is an example</p>
yaragallamurali
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Glo_FR" data-cid="120923" data-time="1380786681"><p>Hi, you have to set the width on the grid in the Properties > General sheet.
Wrapping in auto mode should be ok
Here is an example</p></blockquote><p>I have tried everything that you said but the data is not getting wrapped. I am attaching my report template and a screen shot as well. In my report "Application Number" contains 50 text characters. But the data is getting truncated when i see the pdf report. The screen shot of the pdf report is also attached. Please have a look. Thanks in advance.</p>
GLO_FR
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>your report looks ok, but I can't run it because it's not a data source I can access to.</p><p>Can you modify the data source and use a flat file or a static data source.</p>
yaragallamurali
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Glo_FR" data-cid="120928" data-time="1380794521"><div><p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>your report looks ok, but I can't run it because it's not a data source I can access to.</p><p>Can you modify the data source and use a flat file or a static data source.</p></div></blockquote><p>My text, i mean the text that is coming from the database for "Application Number" does not contain any spaces. I mean it is a single word. is that a problem?</p>
GLO_FR
<p>Yes. So far I as know, without spaces, a text is truncated.
If you have whitespace (=sentence) BIRT "generates" automatically carriage returns.</p>
yaragallamurali
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Glo_FR" data-cid="120950" data-time="1380815921"><div><p>Yes. So far I as know, without spaces, a text is truncated.
If you have whitespace (=sentence) BIRT "generates" automatically carriage returns.</p></div></blockquote><p>Thank you so much. Any way i have written a script for my requirement.</p><p> </p><p>what are the characters equivalent to white space and carriage return(line terminator) in BIRT scripting.</p><p>where can i find the reference docs for scripting api's and for BIRT4.3? </p>
GLO_FR
<p>For documentation, you can go there <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/downloads/documentation/#currentdocs'>http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/downloads/documentation/#currentdocs</a></p><p>or
there <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/'>http://www.eclipse.org/birt/</a></p>
;
yaragallamurali
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Glo_FR" data-cid="120956" data-time="1380827248"><div><p>For documentation, you can go there <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/downloads/documentation/#currentdocs'>http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/downloads/documentation/#currentdocs</a></p><p>or
there <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/'>http://www.eclipse.org/birt/</a></p></div></blockquote><p>on
eclipse site there is no full documentation yet for 4.3. Anyways thank you so much for your help.</p>