Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
parameter for a detail report
chandra t
<p>I have created a detail report <strong class='bbc'>for</strong> workorder,<strong class='bbc'>while </strong>creating the datasets and all I have used wonum <strong class='bbc'>in</strong> ('" +(params["wonum"].toUpperCase())+"') )</p><p> </p><p>as the parameter <strong class='bbc'>for</strong> each dataset as well as the dataset , But <strong class='bbc'>for</strong> a detail report as we dont have any input parameter</p><p> </p><p>I am <strong class='bbc'>in</strong> confusion how to retrive the data <strong class='bbc'>for</strong> the current record?</p><p> </p><p>Should I use something like + rows[0]["wonum"].replace(/'/g,"''")??</p><p> </p><p>Please let me know </p><p> </p><p>Thanks <strong class='bbc'>in</strong> advance</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
wwilliams
<p>If this is Maximo, look at the supplied detail reports.</p><p>+ " where " + params["where"]</p>
chandra t
<p>Thanks for the quick response WIlliams</p><p> </p><p>I tiried in different ways but If I use</p><p> </p><p>+ " where " + params["where"]</p><p>will it retrive the current record?</p><p> </p><p>more over I have 6 datasets and in each dataset I am using inputparameter in where condition</p><p> </p><p>Thanks</p>
pvaterlaus
<p>Hi Chandra</p><p> </p><p>I had a similar issue working with a sub report for Maximo. I had tried all of the parameter markers and data bindings that were suggested but all failed.</p><p> </p><p>What worked was a simple reference to the column I wanted to use, just like you suggested in your first post:</p><p>[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]rows[0]["wonum"][/color]</p><p> </p><p>[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]A useful tool I found is to have a label print out the combined SQL query when the page is rendered. This gave me lots of insight as to whether or not the script was picking up the correct data I expected to see. Lots of times I wasn't getting any data that I was expecting and the query label showed quite easily that a null value was being passed.[/color]</p><p> </p><p>[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]I hope this helps!
[/color]</p>
chandra t
<p>As mentioned by williams in couple of cases I am able to use where " + params["where"]<br />
</p><p>for the remaining I need to check with</p><p>[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]rows[0]["wonum"][/color]</p><p> </p><p>[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]any idea what is the use replace(/'/g,"''")??[/color]</p><p> </p><p>[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Thanks[/color]</p>