Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
SpudSoft Excel emitter from BitBucket in BIRT 4.3.0/1
Yaytay
<p>Hi All,</p><p> </p><p>Well, this is a rather embarassing question to have to ask, but has anyone managed to get a version of my emitter from BitBucket working with BIRT 4.3.0 (or 4.3.1) in the report designer?</p><p> </p><p>I don't use the report designer very much, and I have been using my emitters with 4.3.0 for some month via maven, but I cannot persuade eclipse to recognise my emitters in the main IDE.</p><p> </p><p>I've got to the point of running eclipse as:</p><p>"C:Program Fileseclipse-4.3.1eclipsec.exe" -debug -console -vm "C:Program FilesJavajdk1.7.0_25binjava.exe"</p><p>And then doing:</p><p>osgi> ss | grep spud
false</p><p> </p><p>Which shows that it's simply not recognising my plugin at all.</p><p> </p><p>I've tried removing all references to spudsoft from any files in the original download, still no dice.</p><p> </p><p>There has to be some reference somewhere to the built-in version that's blocking the new download.</p><p>Anyone got any ideas?</p><p> </p><p>I will, of course, knock up a DevShare for this when I get it working.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks</p><p> </p><p>Jim</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Yaytay
<p>Ah!</p><p>Finally found it, thanks partly to lots of logging and partly to FileLocator Pro (searching in compressed files).</p><p> </p><p>In short (and I'll give more details later), search for any reference to spudsoft in any file and get rid of it (the reference, not the file).</p><p>This includes a couple of XML files, but also includes:</p><p>p2org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engineprofileRegistryepp.package.reporting.profile1380866799977.profile.gz1380866799977.profile</p><p>Where that number will change and you may have quite a few copies of it.</p><p> </p><p>You cannot simply delete that file - the initial install comes with a copy and I think that's used to seed future copies, so you have to gunzip it, edit it and then gzip it again.</p><p> </p><p>Obviously you also have to delete the exploded spudsoft emitter directory from the plugins directory, and I recommend removing the original Excel emitters too (though not the two files needed for the ODA driver).</p><p> </p><p>Finally, put the uk.co.spudsoft.birt.emitters.excel_0.8.0.201307252232.jar file into the dropins (not plugins) directory.</p><p> </p><p>I haven't yet worked out whether it uses the include copy of POI or the hacked OSGi-fied one supplied with eclipse - I think it'll be the one supplied in my jar, and that's good because if it uses the eclipse one you can't do the fast export mode for XSLX.</p><p> </p><p>Jim</p>
Yaytay
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/_/deploying-birt-reports/updating-the-spudsoft-excel-emitters-in-birt-431-r1559'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/_/deploying-birt-reports/updating-the-spudsoft-excel-emitters-in-birt-431-r1559</a></p>
;