Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
why are only 4 font families supported?
yaragallamurali
<p>Hi in eclipse BIRT 4.3 report editor there are only 4 font families supported. Why? can we import more fonts into the report designer?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
yaragallamurali
<p>any help on how to include more fonts.</p>
yaragallamurali
<p>I think there is no way to import more font families.</p>
BlazK
<p>You can import your fonts to your report directly trough xml. I do not have the time to check how to do it properly.</p><p> </p><p><property name="fontFamily">sans-serif</property></p><p> </p><p>Birt looks which OS you are using and goes to proper font file and gets fonts from there, so if you have a font that is not allready there you need to download it first.</p><pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-xml"><property name="fontFamily">sans-serif</property> </pre><p>regards</p>
yaragallamurali
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BlazK" data-cid="121029" data-time="1381149019"><div><p>You can import your fonts to your report directly trough xml. I do not have the time to check how to do it properly.</p><p> </p><p><property name="fontFamily">sans-serif</property></p><p> </p><p>Birt looks which OS you are using and goes to proper font file and gets fonts from there, so if you have a font that is not allready there you need to download it first.</p><pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-xml"><property name="fontFamily">sans-serif</property> </pre><p>regards</p></div></blockquote><p>What happens if the font that i used does not exist. Is there any fall back mechanism. Does it fall back to any default font or it reports error?</p>
BlazK
<p>It displays some other font, I do not know which. You can try it.</p>
yaragallamurali
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BlazK" data-cid="121063" data-time="1381211897"><div><p>It displays some other font, I do not know which. You can try it.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p>Thank you so much.</p>