Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Visual Difference
pkrug
We currently have version 5.5.2 of Teamsite installed. I was testing some changes for workflow and decided to test the visual difference button. I was surprised to get the XML displayed on the screen. I checked the support site, developers network and did not find any information that could help me. I then called support and they told me that the visual difference feature is only supported with html files not html files tht have been created with templates. I was really surprised at this answer. Has anyone got around this? I want to implement the workflows but without a visual difference tool it makes it much harder to compare what changes were made.
Any help would be appreciated.
Visual Diff, VDIFF
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
What were you vdiffing ? It certainly sounds like you vdiffed a DCR, which would give you an XML file. If you vdiff the generated HTML it shoudl work. I have done that many times. How did you invoke vdiff ? from the GUI or a button off of an email, a hyperlink ?
Andy
pkrug
I sure did VDIFF'ed a DCR. I invoked it from the task screen (compare to staging). I would have thought that it would have prompted me for which template to use...
I would like to do a comparision on the final product but the workflow submits the DCR for approval. From there the person reviewing the changes sees the DCR's. (at least in the standard install...)
I had tried VDIFF'ing from the history screen but that option is not available.
nipper
Sounds like a nice RFE.
Did you only preview content ? If you generated it then that would be part of the WF and something that can be VDIFFed
Andy
startmenu strs5.6.png
nipper
There is one more option, there was a WP floating around written by Interwoven, entitled: Creating a User-friendly DCR
Preview
It talks about using regex and server side includes to allow automagic preview of DCRs. If you got that working, then you could get DIFF.
Talk to your local sales critter or consultant.
ANdy
PPPageOfPages.dcpackage.zip
output.pdf
Adam Stoller
There is an open feature request, # 35851 - "Ability to merge DCRs via a Templating[-like] UI" - if this sounds like what you're interested in, please contact Interwoven Support and ask them to add your company to those interested in it.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
pkrug
Thank you for the post.
I have looked at the document and implemented the preview script but I am having an error. The script does compile but I am having problem with now getting 502's.
The document looks very straight forward but I am not sure where I have gone wrong. Any ideas?
I am listing the url's When I try to do the visual difference I get the 502's. I checked IIS for the 'cci' directory. I found it but there is nothing underneath it. I searched for information on it but found minimal info.
1)
http://teamsite/iw/cci/meta/no-injection/iw-mount/iwprod/main/Baptist_Health/WORKAREA/BAPTIST/templatedata/BaptistHealth/FullBodyTemplate/data/021903_bmcsouth
2)
http://teamsite/iw/cci/meta/no-injection/iw-mount/iwprod/main/Baptist_Health/STAGING/templatedata/BaptistHealth/FullBodyTemplate/data/021903_bmcsouth
I also looked in the access.log and found these errors.
127.100.1.1 - - [06/Aug/2003:11:29:33 -0400] "GET /iw/vdiff2.html?file1=/iw-mount\\iwprod\\main\\Baptist%5fHealth\\WORKAREA\\BAPTIST\\templatedata\\BaptistHealth\\FullBodyTemplate\\data\\021903%5fbmcsouth&file2=/iw-mount\\iwprod\\main\\Baptist%5fHealth\\STAGING\\templatedata\\BaptistHealth\\FullBodyTemplate\\data\\021903%5fbmcsouth&session%5fstring=52616e646f6d4956882a657026e373f0ab65ec000d20453c32d3305d8320b0b0d1812d594596f7b352bfa2346b5c984727f70ad9bf7988217287a8208d7787ee5da02b08ef41c59a&use%5ffilepaths=true&merge=false HTTP/1.1" 304 -
127.100.1.1 - - [06/Aug/2003:11:29:33 -0400] "GET /iw/webdesk/framework/lib/urls.js HTTP/1.1" 304 -
127.100.1.1 - - [06/Aug/2003:11:29:33 -0400] "GET /iw/blank.html HTTP/1.1" 304 -
127.100.1.1 - - [06/Aug/2003:11:29:33 -0400] "GET /iw/blank.html HTTP/1.1" 304 -
127.100.1.1 - - [06/Aug/2003:11:29:33 -0400] "GET /iw/blank.html HTTP/1.1" 304 -
127.100.1.1 - - [06/Aug/2003:11:29:33 -0400] "GET /iw/blank.html HTTP/1.1" 304 -
127.100.1.1 - - [06/Aug/2003:11:29:33 -0400] "GET /iw/blank.html HTTP/1.1" 304 -
127.100.1.1 - - [06/Aug/2003:11:29:41 -0400] "GET /iw/cci/meta/no-injection/iw-mount/iwprod/main/Baptist%5fHealth/WORKAREA/BAPTIST/templatedata/BaptistHealth/FullBodyTemplate/data/021903%5fbmcsouth HTTP/1.1" 502 0
127.100.1.1 - - [06/Aug/2003:11:30:26 -0400] "GET /iw/cci/meta/no-injection/iw-mount/iwprod/main/Baptist%5fHealth/WORKAREA/BAPTIST/templatedata/BaptistHealth/FullBodyTemplate/data/021903%5fbmcsouth HTTP/1.1" 502 0
127.100.1.1 - - [06/Aug/2003:11:31:11 -0400] "GET /iw/cci/meta/no-injection/iw-mount/iwprod/main/Baptist%5fHealth/STAGING/templatedata/BaptistHealth/FullBodyTemplate/data/021903%5fbmcsouth HTTP/1.1" 502 0
127.100.1.1 - - [06/Aug/2003:11:31:57 -0400] "GET /iw/cci/meta/no-injection/iw-mount/iwprod/main/Baptist%5fHealth/WORKAREA/BAPTIST/templatedata/BaptistHealth/FullBodyTemplate/data/021903%5fbmcsouth HTTP/1.1" 502 5
btw - In the pdf for "Creating a User-friendly DCR Preview" It mentions dcr_preview and view_dcr. I took the script included in the document and named it view_dcr.ipl (then created a bat (w2k)). I assume that the names were incorrect.
VDIFF, visual, difference, compare revisions
Balanced table.ssd.zip
2447.pdf
pkrug
I got it working!
There are a few problems with the document (Creating a User-friendly DCR Preview). Much better than displaying the XML.
I appreciate the help.