Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
SELECT DISTINCT TRUNC(STARTTIME, 'MM') not returning MM format
thelcd
<p>Hi I have a select that is not returning truncated data in my Birt parameters input...</p><p> </p><p>I populate my input parameters via the following select:</p><p> </p><div>SELECT DISTINCT TRUNC(STARTTIME, 'MM')</div><div>from MYTABLE</div><div> </div><div>hoping that it will output Dates as</div><div> Oct 2013</div><div> Nov 2013</div><div>etc...</div><div>However, it outputs Oct 1, 2013 12:00 AM</div><div> </div><div>How can I customize the report parameter to show only Month/Year..</div><div> </div><div>Thanks,</div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>What database are you using? Also Do you want the parameter to be a date or a string? Lastly what version of BIRT are you using?</p>
thelcd
<p>Hi, I'm using Oracle 11g2/Linux and birt-rcp-report-designer-3_7_2.</p><p>I would prefer that the parameter be a date without the 12:00 AM showing in the parameter choice.</p>
Hans_vd
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>Select the report item on the report layout and go to "Format DateTime" on the properties tab. You can choose a predefined format or create a custom format.</p><p>This will of course not show in the preview results tab of the data set.</p>
micajblock
<p>Hans,</p><p>I think thecld was talking about the format of the parameter, not the data. This can be set in parameter UI. See screenshot below.</p>
thelcd
<p>Yes, thanks, I was actually setting the "Select display text" also.. which was overriding the "Format as" setting..</p><p>Thanks..</p>
Hans_vd
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mblock" data-cid="121075" data-time="1381241433"><div><p>Hans,</p><p>I think thecld was talking about the format of the parameter, not the data. This can be set in parameter UI. See screenshot below.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p>You are absolutely right. My mistake...</p>