Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How would I group by non-equal range in a table?
mkdz
<p>I have a table with two columns. Column A has data that goes from 0-50. Column B has a constant value of 5. I created a Group for this data with an interval. I can make the interval so that it is equal, but I would like non-equal intervals. I'd like to make the group so that it has an interval based on the value of Column B. So in this case I would like the ranges be 0-5, 5-20, and then 20+. How would I do this? Thanks!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Why not just create a computed field and group on that?</p>
mkdz
<p>You mean have a computed column in the database? and then group on that column? That's what I'm doing right now, and I was just wondering if there was a way to do it in BIRT instead of the database.</p>
micajblock
<p>You can do this via a computed field on the data set or a binding on the table your choice. Why does it matter where this is done?</p>