Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
"or" between the dynamic parameters
XFabien
<p>Hello,</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>I am trying to create a filter condition for my dataset with severals dynamic parameters under the Actuate Birt 11 SP3.</p><p> </p><p>If I add them one by one to the filters option, the "and" operator will be applied between them.</p><p>But I want the "or" operator to be applied, so I create them all in one expression, the condition does not work...</p><p>If I replace the dynamic parameters with the normal ones, it works.</p><p> </p><p>So my question is how to make the operator "or" work with the dynamic parameters ?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Thank you very much for the help.</p><p> </p><p>FYao</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Hans_vd
<p>What do you mean by "dynamic parameters"?</p><p> </p><p>Can a filter that uses the IN operator be of any help? You could add the dynamic parameters one by one to the value list.</p><p> </p><p>Or am I misunderstanding the question?</p>
XFabien
<p>Hi Hans,
Thanks for the reply.
</p><p> </p><p>It's the 'dynamic Filter Parameter' when you right click to create a new parameter. I create these parameters so that the customers can chose the values they want.
And the values will add to the filter of the dataset or tables.
If I add the condition one by one, the filter result will apply the condition ( filter1 and filter2 and filter3). But if I need the result to fill the condition like this ( filter1 or filter2 or filter3), that is the problem I have now.
Hope this is clearer for you.</p>
Hans_vd
<p>This is how it works for me:</p><p> </p><p>When I create the filter I do:</p><p>- I choose "In" as the operator</p><p>- in the Value combo box I choose <build expression></p><p>- in the bottom I select "Report Parameters" -> "---All---"</p><p>- double click on "{} yourParameter"</p><p> </p><p>Hope it helps</p>
XFabien
<p>Thanks Hans.</p><p> </p><p>I didn't try it because I have resolved this by creating a new webservice.</p>