Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Creating a custom information console web app
mnguyen972
<p>How do I create a custom information console web app in Actuate v11 SP4? I follow chapter two of the manual "Information Console Developer Guide" and it is not working. Any help would be appreciated.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
agaikwad
<p>what are u trying to achieve?</p><p> </p><p>try following links</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p style="color:#000000;font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' class="bbc_url" href='
http://bod-wiki.birtondemand.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page'
title="External link">
http://bod-wiki.birt...title=Main_Page</a></p><p
style="color:#000000;font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> </p><ul class='bbc'><li><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' class="bbc_url" href='
http://bod-wiki.birtondemand.com/wiki/index.php?title=Designing_and_publishing_a_report_for_use_with_BIRT_onDemand'
title="External link">Designing and publishing a report for use with BIRT onDemand</a></li><li><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' class="bbc_url" href='
http://bod-wiki.birtondemand.com/wiki/index.php?title=Uploading_.data_files_to_BIRT_onDemand_from_the_command_line'
title="External link">Uploading .data files to BIRT onDemand from the command line</a></li></ul><ul class='bbc'><li><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' class="bbc_url" href='
http://bod-wiki.birtondemand.com/wiki/index.php?title=Account_Services_API_Guide'
title="External link">Account Services API Guide</a></li><li><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' class="bbc_url" href='
http://bod-wiki.birtondemand.com/wiki/index.php?title=Authentication_and_Authorization'
title="External link">Authentication and Authorization</a></li><li><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' class="bbc_url" href='
http://bod-wiki.birtondemand.com/wiki/index.php?title=External_Registration_Developer's_Guide'
title="External link">External Registration Developer's Guide</a></li><li><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' class="bbc_url" href='
http://bod-wiki.birtondemand.com/wiki/index.php?title=BIRT_onDemand_External_Authentication_and_Registration_Tutorial'
title="External link">External Authenication and Registration Tutorial</a></li><li><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' class="bbc_url" href='
http://bod-wiki.birtondemand.com/wiki/index.php?title=SSO,_JSAPI_and_BIRT_onDemand'
title="External link">Single Sign-on (SSO) and JSAPI in BIRT onDemand</a></li></ul><p style="color:#000000;font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">I hope this helps</p>
mnguyen972
<p>I am not trying to create or publish a report. Basically, I am wanting to create a custom site so that a customer can login to and run their reports utilizing the Actuate interface. It should be based off of the iPortal folder on the iServer.</p>
VSafonov
<p>I remember that this information was not in the manual for creating custom site. In addition to copying and playing with server config files this also needs to be done:</p><p><context root>/WEB-INF/web.xml</p><p><context root>/WEB-INF/classes/shindig.properties</p><p><context root>/WEB-INF/classes/containers/default/container.js</p><p> </p><div><p>In web.xml, the following parameters need to be updated:</p><p><param-name>system.properties</param-name>
<param-value>
shindig.host=<host name>
shindig.port=<port>
</param-value></p><p> </p><div><host name> is the name of the web server hosting the Information Console web application.</div><p><port> is the TCP port assigned to the Information Console web application.</p><p> </p><p>In shindig.config and container.js:</p></div><p>All the occurrences of the string /iPortal need to be replaced with the new context path string (for example /myNewContext).</p>