Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Invalid Workflow Template
aces
I am getting an "Invalid Workflow Template: Can't call method "value" on a undefined value at (eval 5) line 261. Does anyone know what does this error means? It seems like it doesn't recognized the title. How should I start debuggin this?
my $index = "templatedata/Site/SiteHomePage/data/$div/Index";
my $pDCR = TeamSite::ladpwUtils1::getDCRObj("$iwmount$workarea/$index");
my $labelName = $pDCR->value('GeneralInfo.Title');
$labelName =~ s! !--!g;
$labelName =~ s!'!======!g;
$labelName =~ s!"!]]]]]]!g;
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
my $pDCR = TeamSite::ladpwUtils1::getDCRObj("$iwmount$workarea/$index");
my $labelName = $pDCR->value('GeneralInfo.Title');
Evidently $pDCR does not contain an object. Are you sure you're making this call properly?You should run things like this in a command line script to make sure they work before inserting code into a wft. Just do some standard debugging.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
aces
I'm not familiar with workflow, how do I run this on the cmd line.
Migrateduser
Oh boy...well you'd need to copy the lines of code that aren't working into a separate perl script and run that script by itself - that way you get better error messages and can debug more thoroughly - with print statements and such. If you aren't familiar with creating perl scripts, you probably should take a class - writing workflow without any knowledge of perl is an uphill battle.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
johnjamesmarsh
I disagree with smitty. Writing workflows without a knowledge of perl is a piece of cake compared to writing workflows without a knowledge of workflows.
Adam Stoller
Writing workflows without a knowledge of Perl can be limiting.
Writing workflows without a knowledge of workflow development can be taxing
Writing workflows with a knowledge of both Perl and workflow development can be rewarding.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Migrateduser
Everything is relative. However if you expect to write complex workflows, you need to know perl and know it well. Writing basic and simple workflows can be done with no perl, but so much more can be done with externaltasks. It just depends on what you need to accomplish.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Migrateduser
Hey Adam, pass me some of that crack you're smokin', buddy!
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
johnjamesmarsh
I was thinking of workflow as a purist art form but I will have to agree with you if want them to be usefult then perl is a must.