Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Rendering tooltip with column binding values
birtuser75
<p>I have the following for tooltip in the Report Design:</p><pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-xml _linenums:1"> <Triggers> <Condition>onmouseover</Condition> <Action> <Type>Show_Tooltip</Type> <Value xsi:type="attribute:TooltipValue"> <Text>(row["Foo"]* 1.0e-6).toFixed(3) + "mm"+String.fromCharCode(178)</Text> <Delay>200</Delay> </Value> </Action> </Triggers></pre><p>This results in a tooltip like 1.234 mm squared. This is great.</p><p> </p><p>Anyone knows how to convert the above XML into POJO api calls.</p><p> </p><p>I tried this but it literally shows the text "(row["Foo"]* 1.0e-6).toFixed(3) + "mm"+String.fromCharCode(178)" in the tooltip.</p><p> </p><div><pre class="_prettyXprint">sePie.getTriggers( ).add( TriggerImpl.create( TriggerCondition.ONMOUSEOVER_LITERAL,ActionImpl.create( ActionType.SHOW_TOOLTIP_LITERAL,TooltipValueImpl.create( 0, "(row["Foo"]* 1.0e-6).toFixed(3) + "mm"+String.fromCharCode(178)" ) ) ) );</pre><p>Any help would be greatly appreciated.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks!</p></div><p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bgbaird
<p>I've always done this with this.helpText in an onCreate script in the data object itself. In this case, data id 226 is a description summary, hover-over displays another datapoint, the full description.</p><p> </p><p><cell id="195">
<data id="226">
<method name="onCreate"><![CDATA[this.helpText = "Description: "+this.getRowData().getColumnValue("Description");]]></method></p><p> <property name="resultSetColumn">Summary</property>
<text-property name="helpText">123</text-property>
</data>
</cell></p>
birtuser75
<p>I am running BIRT inside a Java Swing application. So, I have no way to invoke any scripts.</p>