Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
viewing in PDF changes format of report
rbguy
<p>Hello,</p><p> I have a report with a table. It looks great in the design tool preview, it looks great in any web viewer. However, when I view in PDF, the columns of the table get resized. The narrow columns become wide producing a lot of white space and the wide columns get more narrow, truncating the data.</p><p> Is there some setting (I'm using 4.3.1) to have the PDF view format the same way the web view does? When exporting to PDF I've tried both "Actual size" and "Fit to page" but nothing seems to help. </p><p>Thanks!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
egau
<p>Hello,</p><p> </p><p>Did you set the size of your column using pixel , % etc? </p><p> </p><p>What is the "global" size of your report ? A4, Letter, Custom (what size ?))</p>
kclark
<p>Is your rptdesign set to fixed layout?</p>
rbguy
<p>Thanks egau and kclark for responding. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back with you, I ended up needing to take some vacation.</p><p>So I tried setting my column sizes using inches and pixels and just now by % but nothing seems to work. The global size of my report is US Letter landscape. (Width 11 and Height 8.5). I'm pretty sure this means I have fixed layout, but I am not entirely clear on how I change to "unfixed" layout.</p><p>Thanks!</p>
kclark
<p>It sounds like that your report might be set to an auto layout. From the property editor > general > at the bottom you will see two options, fixed and auto. Make sure fixed is selected. Can you post the rptdesign?</p>
rbguy
<p>Thanks for the reply, kclark. Once I changed it to fixed layout as you described above, the pdf starting looking the way it should. I appreciate it.</p>
kclark
<p>You're welcome! (:</p>