Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
[BIRT 2.6.2] Table layout with dataset rows as columns
rsenden
<p>I have a dataset that returns columns (among others) CATEGORY_NAME, FOLDER_NAME, and COUNT. I currently have a table grouped by CATEGORY_NAME, and for each category showing the folder names and their counts as rows.</p><p> </p><p>Since I do not know the number of folders beforehand, this is the most straightforward approach. However, even with a small set of folders the table gets quite long. I would like to make better use of horizontal space, for example using columns instead of rows for folder counts (if the number of folders is not too large).</p><p> </p><p>Usually one can use crosstabs to basically convert rows to columns, but AFAIK when using crosstabs you cannot dynamically configure data set parameters (which is required for my data sets). Also, functionality would need to be implemented to automatically switch between the two layouts depending on the number of folders.</p><p> </p><p>Please see the attached report design for a better picture of what I want to accomplish. Any ideas on how to implement crosstabs when data sets require dynamic parameters, and how to automatically switch between the two layouts? </p><p> </p><p>Of course, if you have any other suggestions for making better use of horizontal space, these are welcome as well.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>You should be able to use a crosstab for this. I was looking into your scripted dataset's, are you having to use a scripted dataset in the actual report or how is the data stored?</p>