Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Courses from Interwoven
Ken_Lo
Want to find out feedback from anybody who has attended to any of Interwoven's courses? Any feedback would be great. I am considering in enrolling in some courses, but I would like to hear some of your opinions before enrolling.
Thanks.
-Ken
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnjamesmarsh
Hi,
I've been on a couple of courses, most notably the advanced workflow developer course. IMHO you either need a course for this or you need someone else who knows about them to coach you. I haven't tried the online courses so can't comment on those.
(*Slight dig at Interwoven coming*) You will also find that if you don't go oon a course that the documentation is not a good as it could be.
Just my opinion.
John
Arial_Embed.png
Ken_Lo
Thanks for the reply... if anybody has taken the online courses, I would like to hear from you as well.
-Ken
rollo
I took the Advanced Workflow Development course in February of this year. It was a two day course, and I understand there was the option to take less advanced workflow and Perl courses in the preceding days.
The Advanced course packed a lot of stuff in to the time - but it was definitely the more technical people in my class who got the most out of it. It alternated between going through a chapter in a workbook with the instructor, then doing the exercises at the end. It's a good foundation for developing your own workflows, and you can pick up some useful tips and tricks. I thought the course was well structured and explanatory.
Also, the Sunnyvale location is very nice, I got a free pen, and the cafeteria there is very impressive
Phil
jess1
I (literally - last week) just finished taking the TeamSite 5.5.2 bootcamp in Bethesda, MD. The bootcamp consists of a week of 'class time' with mini-labs, and the second week is a graded implementation with a certification test as the climax on the last day. I really enjoyed the class and learned a lot about the product (OpenDeploy, etc.) and had a good time doing it. The instructor was great - Bill Prass (wprass on devnet) - he did a good job of setting our study expectations for passing the test, and kept the atmosphere open and fun to learn in. The classmates I had also made a difference, as everyone was positive and eager to learn..
There was a LOT of 'suggested reading' to pass the Consultant certification, but if you spend some good quality time reading, understanding concepts (both in class material and pre-req. material - very important for cert. test), etc., you should be good.
To be honest, I had zero experience with TeamSite going in, and very minimal with Perl, and now feel fairly comfortable with the product (yes I passed). My expectations at this point are not to be doing enterprise implementations solo - I don't think I'm ready for that and I don't think the class can bring you up to that speed by itself (for instance A&D experience, advanced workflow, etc). However I do think I am positioned well to work with Interwoven as a business partner on the next couple of clients we have, and have an understanding of what's being implemented on a technical and conceptual level.
So the sum is I enjoyed the bootcamp, it isn't a 'vacation', and I feel like I walked away having learned a lot.
Jess
Ken_Lo
Good to hear, glad that you have walked out learning a lot.
Thanks for your feedback.
-Ken