Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Issue adding a parameter to a report
Ryan Pringnitz
<p>My query runs perfectly in either HeidiSQL, SQLyog, and BIRT. I add a WHERE `Issue ID` = ?, add a Issue_ID to my report parameters, and when editing the data set I add a parameter linked to the report parameter Issue_ID.</p><p> </p><p>Issue ID is an aliased column.</p><p> </p><p>When you run the report it prompts you for the value you want to enter. Then it errors out with (I put in the value of 215 when it prompted me for a value);</p><p> </p><p>Any thoughts?</p><p> </p><p> </p><div>The following items have errors:</div><p> </p><div><div>Table (id = 260):</div><div><span>+ </span>Cannot get the result set metadata.
org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: SQL statement does not return a ResultSet object.
SQL error #1:You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE `Issue ID` = 215
`lsps`.`TICKET`
INNER JOIN `lsps`.`ORDER`
' at line 15
;
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE `Issue ID` = 215
`lsps`.`TICKET`
INNER JOIN `lsps`.`ORDER`
' at line 15 <pre></pre></div></div><p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Ryan Pringnitz
<p>Fixed it! I was missing a carrot in my MySQL query. I haven't been working in MySQL as much. </p>