Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Float and Decimal point
cjm13905
<p>Newbie to BIRT, and we have version 3.7.1</p><p> </p><p>I have an existing report that has a dataset with a field called laborhrs which is a string in the birt dataset and a FLOAT on the Oracle Table. I then have an aggregate field called table_laborhrs which is FLOAT and uses the function SUM. This is working and displays the hours with a decimal.</p><p> </p><p>I tried to duplicate this in another report, but the totals field is not displaying decimals and is rounding.</p><p>Where it is not working I also used a aggregate field, which is FLOAT and uses the SUM function.</p><p> </p><p>I threw in a aggregate runningsum, that was float, and on the first records which in the Database is 7.5 </p><p>on the BIRT report it shows 7</p><p> </p><p>In the properties for the aggregate field in both reports the Format Number is :</p><p>Format as: Unformatted</p><p>Local : Auto</p><p>Preview with format 1234.56</p><p> </p><p>I've tried changing the total field Format Number to various formats (General Number, Currency) which</p><p>gets me the decimal positions, but still rounds.</p><p> </p><p>Any help is appreciated.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
cjm13905
<p>The problem was in my fetch.</p><p> </p><p>I don't have what I was using before, but I changed it to</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>row["regularhrs"] = actualLaborDataSet.getString("regularhrs");<span> </span></p><p> </p><p>and now decimals are displaying.</p>