Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
font displayed correctly in IE but not in FF
Chris_Houben
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>I'm new to birt. When I consult my birt report using IE 10 the report is displayed correctly.</p><p>But when using firefox 24 the font is displayed very blurry and different font size.</p><p> </p><p>The font used in the birt report is the standard "Sans Serif".</p><p>The report is using a data source to display the data on the report.</p><p> </p><p>Can anybody help ?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks,</p><p>Chris</p><p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
GLO_FR
<p>Hi</p><p> </p><p>mmm, looks more to a FF beaviours</p><p>Maybe take a look at this</p><p> </p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/change-fonts-and-colors-websites-use#w_changing-font'>http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/change-fonts-and-colors-websites-use#w_changing-font</a></p>
;
Chris_Houben
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>When forcing the font type, the report is still blurry. Wierd spaces between 2 charaters.</p><p>Also when downloading the pdf, I recieve in FF the error:</p><p> file is damaged and could not be repaired</p><p> </p><p>In IE no problems.</p>
GLO_FR
<p>Are you using BIRT Open Source or BIRT Designer Pro ?</p>
Chris_Houben
<p>I'm designing my BIRT reports in Eclipse. So no BIRT designer Pro here.</p>
Chris_Houben
<p>update: When using Font "Courier" in my Birt report, the display in FF seems to be correct.</p><p>But still the error when downloading:</p><p>file is damaged and could not be repaired</p>
GLO_FR
<p>mmm, very strange.</p><p> </p><p>Make a try with chrome, but it looks like a FF issue.</p><p>I've made some try with Chrome and IE. Have to DL and check with FF,</p>
Chris_Houben
<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>In Chrome also no problems. You're probly correct that it is a firefox issue.</p><p>Is it possible that firefox uses a different default pdf viewer ?</p><p>The top toolbar for downloading en printing the pdf is different in FF comparing to IE and chrome.</p><p>all 3 browsers have default settings. I also tested on other machines, so it is not only my firefox settings.</p>
GLO_FR
<p>I really don't know. I always use an external pdf reade.</p>
Chris_Houben
<p>Firefox is using his own buildin PDF viewer as default.</p><p> </p><p>I changed it to acrobat in firefox and it works fine now.</p><p> </p><p>source:</p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/disable-built-pdf-viewer-and-use-another-viewer'>https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/disable-built-pdf-viewer-and-use-another-viewer</a></p><p> </p><p>Thanks
for your help !!</p>
GLO_FR
<p>That's why I never had this kind of issue.</p><p>Thanks for the info
</p>