WIN2K 5.5.2 SP2
My reviewers now want to be able to make changes to content transitioned to them in a Editor->Reviewer WF
I'm thinking piece of cake...
I'll create new workareas for the editors and share them with the Windows reviewer group (The original editors workareas were not shared out and from what I here creating new ones and setting ACL is the better solution for the WIN environment, true?)
Set the
readonly attrib on the <Grouptask> to false
Set the
lock attrib on the <Grouptask> to true
…and
BINGO I'm done
But now I find out during my testing phase that if a Reviewer takes ownership and then releases ownership the lock still remains as that Reviewer...If a different Reviewer then takes Ownership I get the infamous "Trying to lock files" problem because the original reviewer is the one that has the lock.
Wouldn't make sense for the grouptask to release the locks when Release Ownership is called.... I don't know just call me silly.
Am I doing something wrong? I need a workaround if some one has it?
1. A Requirement is that the file(s) must be locked whenever someone is making changes.
2. I would like to avoid a lot of task transitioning just to accomplish this (The Reviewers are already complaining about how many click they must go through to approve content)
Thanks in advance-
The Professor-