Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Add series and trendlines to scatter chart
severinmueller
<p>Hi</p><p> </p><p>I need to create a chart that is able to have multiple series without knowing in advance how many there are gonna be (dynamic). Plus, I need a Trendline on this Charts, a separate on for each series on the same chart.</p><p> </p><p>I tried filtering, but this doesn't work since I can only filter on the entire dataset.</p><p> </p><p>I managed to group my results according top my need. But I cannot get the trendline to work.</p><p> </p><p>I have attached a screeshot and my report for better explanation.</p><p> </p><p>//EDIT: BIRT Version is 3.2.22</p><p> </p><p>Thanks a lot for any help.</p><p> </p><p>Kind regards</p><p> </p><p>Severin</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
severinmueller
<p>Hi</p><p> </p><p>Nobody any ideas? Is something like this even possible in BIRT?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks</p><p> </p><p>Severin</p>
severinmueller
<p>Let me try to explain a little better:</p><p> </p><div><p>I need to create a scatter chart in BIRT with serveral conditions:</p><ul class='bbcol decimal'><li> <p>I have a data set with several dozen records. The rows of the dataset represent the Y-Value on the scatter chart. I have a column "CLEANING_DATE" in my dataset. Several rows can have the same CLEANING_DATE which is okay, all the data is correct.</p> </li><li> <p>Records should be split between clening dates. Example table:</p> <p>ID | VALUE | CLEANING DATE | VALUE_DATE</p> <p>1 | 83 | 2013-02-01 | 2013-02-02<br />
1 | 84 | 2013-02-01 | 2013-02-03<br />
1 | 85 | 2013-02-01 | 2013-02-04<br />
1 | 86 | 2013-02-01 | 2013-02-05<br />
<br />
<br />
1 | 84 | 2013-02-06 | 2013-02-06<br />
1 | 85 | 2013-02-06 | 2013-02-07<br />
1 | 86 | 2013-02-06 | 2013-02-08</p> <p>1 | 82 | 2013-02-09 | 2013-02-09<br />
1 | 83 | 2013-02-09 | 2013-02-10<br />
1 | 84 | 2013-02-09 | 2013-02-11<br />
1 | 85 | 2013-02-09 | 2013-02-12<br />
1 | 86 | 2013-02-09 | 2013-02-13</p> </li><li> <p>Explanation: Each VALUE represets a performance value. Each day, the performance drops (the values increase, because it's a slip formula). After a few days, a cleaning takes place which is good for the performance.</p> </li><li> <p>What I need is a scatter chart with all the entries, but I also need a trendline for <strong>each</strong> of the parts, meaning, I need a separate Trendline for each section between the respective cleaning dates.</p></li></ul><p>For the linear trendline, I use a script in the onRender() section of the chart.</p><p> </p><p>I am thinking about the following steps:</p><p> </p><p>1. Add the series using script. I can add the Trendline for each Series, that works fine.</p><p>2. I need to be able to create the series by script. All the values for each CLEANING_DATE represent one Series.</p><p> </p><p>Is there any way I can handle this in a script like that? I wasn't able to find any good documentation on QueryImpl.create() for WHERE conditions.</p><p>Thanks in advance.</p></div>