Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Hyperlinks - Excel using Spudoft emmiter is invalid reference
grather
<p>I am struggling with getting an internal hyperlink to work correctly.</p><p> </p><p>I have tried various ways.</p><p> </p><p>One just creating a href html tag.</p><p><a href="#sheet1!A!">sheet1</a></p><p> </p><p>This when rendered in excel gets changed</p><p>When mouse over the link I get sheet1_A1 not sheet!A1 as expected.</p><p> </p><p>The same thing happens when I have a bookmark</p><p>And I create a hyperlink in the properties.</p><p>I end up with the same issue.</p><p>When looking at in excel I endup with sheet1_A1 which is invalid reference.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>I have tried escaping the ! no luck</p><p>Even played with some EventAdapters.</p><p> </p><p>But I am stuck.</p><p> </p><p>I can get the HYPERLINK("sheet1","sheet1") to work but it does not end up highlighted as a link.</p><p> </p><p>Anyone else had success?</p><p> </p><p>I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.</p><p>Obviously something.</p><p> </p><p>Gary</p><p> </p><p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Yaytay
<p>Using HTML shouldn't work, so give up on that.</p><p> </p><p>The <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://bitbucket.org/yaytay/spudsoft-birt-excel-emitters/src/23ed51b1ade9308d40124825a8ab14ca11bfcc8b/SpudSoft BIRT Excel Emitters Tests/src/uk/co/spudsoft/birt/emitters/excel/tests/Hyperlinks.rptdesign?at=default'>Hyperlinks
test file</a> shows how to create links using bookmarks.</p><p>I have to admit that I haven't tried creating a link to a raw cell address, and given the available options I can't see any way it could work.</p><p>BIRT gives three Hyperlink options:</p><ul class='bbc'><li>URI</li><li>Internal Bookmark</li><li>Drillthrough</li></ul><p>The first and the last have to support http URLs, the middle has to support BIRT bookmarks.</p><p>I could possibly add some code to make the first recognise something as an Excel reference, but unless/until I do that your only option is to create a bookmark on the target range.</p><p> </p><p>This can be done in BIRT (again, demonstrated in that file) or in an Excel template file.</p><p> </p><p>Jim</p>