Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Creating reports based on 2 data sets
chandra t
<div>In the report have 2 datasets, I need to create a group by report , group by x,,y,z which were present in 1st dataset</div><div> </div><div>but in the detail row I need to get the data from 2 dataset based on parent wonum, </div><div> </div><div>Need a suggestion how to bind the data with the main table in the report?</div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bgbaird
<p>Chandra, if you can't get the all in a single dataset, you might try binding a table to the parent dataset, then bind a child table in each detail row. Another method is to create a JOIN dataset in the report design.</p><p> </p><p>Here's two different examples in a link I'll keep active for a few weeks.</p><p> </p><p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://file.ac/NzSnP354EdM/'>https://file.ac/NzSnP354EdM/</a></p><p> </p><p>Brian</p>
;
chandra t
<p>Thanks for the response Brian, I tried by creating a JOIN dataset some how not able to </p><p> </p><p>doit , Will check the examples and will let you know If I have any questions </p><p> </p><p>Thanks</p><p>Chandra</p>
chandra t
<p>Brian able to work with b[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]inding a table to the parent dataset, then bind a child table in each detail row.[/color]</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Thanks once again[/color]</p>
chandra t
<p>Brian, </p><p> In the child dataset I am using + " AND WORKORDER.PARENT = '" + rows[0]["WONUM"] + "' "</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>as a link between maindataset and the child dataset, When I run the report I am getting the first record child records</p><p> </p><p>for rest of the workorders where I need to check this?</p>
bgbaird
<p>Chandra, If you're using the scripted datasets in Maximo, I'll need to bow out. I found that it's far easier to use traditional SQL datasets in our Maximo reporting.</p><p> </p><p>Brian</p>
chandra t
<p>Ohk ! Thanks for your time</p>
srudrangi
<p>Brian,</p><p> </p><p>Can you active your link or repost ?</p>
bgbaird
<p>I'm able to attach files now. Here you go.</p><p> </p><p>