<p>Hi,</p><p>I am trying to integrate Birt 4.3.1 with application on Websphere 8.5.</p><p> </p><p>I have deployed birt.war as per instructions @ <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://wiki.eclipse.org/BIRT/WebSphere_Deployment'>http://wiki.eclipse.org/BIRT/WebSphere_Deployment</a></p><p> </p><p>When I try to access files through application it issues following error -</p><div>Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.PlatformConfig</div><div>at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:599)</div><div>at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.ExtClassLoader.findClass(ExtClassLoader.java:204)</div><div>at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassHelper(ClassLoader.java:742)</div><div>at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:719)</div><div>at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.ExtClassLoader.loadClass(ExtClassLoader.java:119)</div><div>at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:689)</div><div>at com.ibm.ws.classloader.ProtectionClassLoader.loadClass(ProtectionClassLoader.java:62)</div><div>at com.ibm.ws.classloader.ProtectionClassLoader.loadClass(ProtectionClassLoader.java:58)</div><div>at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader.loadClass(CompoundClassLoader.java:616)</div><div>at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:689)</div><div> </div><div>If I include few birt related jar files under class path of existing application, application server is not started with exception as -</div><div>!SESSION Wed Oct 30 02:37:38 MST 2013
</div><div>!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.launcher 4 0 2013-10-30 02:37:38.170</div><div>!MESSAGE Exception launching the Eclipse Platform:</div><div>!STACK</div><div>java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError</div><div>at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:263)</div><div>at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:171)</div><div>at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)</div><div>at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:88)</div><div>at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:55)</div><div>at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:613)</div><div>at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:340)</div><div>at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:282)</div><div>at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:981)</div><div>at com.ibm.wsspi.bootstrap.WSPreLauncher.launchEclipse(WSPreLauncher.java:379)</div><div>at com.ibm.wsspi.bootstrap.WSPreLauncher.main(WSPreLauncher.java:150)</div><div>Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: Access denied ("java.util.PropertyPermission" "osgi.debug" "read")</div><div>at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:132)</div><div>at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:560)</div><div>at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(SecurityManager.java:1313)</div><div>at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.FrameworkProperties.getProperty(FrameworkProperties.java:51)</div><div>at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.FrameworkProperties.getProperty(FrameworkProperties.java:45)</div><div>at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.profile.Profile.initProps(Profile.java:95)</div><div>at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.profile.Profile.<clinit>(Profile.java:79)</div><div>at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)</div><div>at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:241)</div><div>... 10 more</div><div> </div><div>I have referred <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=182161'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=182161</a> for access issue. By adding was.policy file it didn't work. I am not sure which config.ini file needs to be updated here.</div><div> </div><div>Using same set of jars my standalone application works correctly to generate expected PDF files.</div><div> </div><div>Could anyone please help on how to resolve this issue? </div><div> </div><div> </div><div>Thanks in advance.</div><div> </div>