Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
LaunchPad Error
ashman
Hello all,
I am trying to create a new file on TeamSite 5.5.2 (Solaris 2.8).
LaunchPad opens up - I type in the name of the new file (test.txt in our case) and I can see the new file being created on the particular directory (htdocs in our case).
Then the LauncPad opens my local editor and I am able to paste/type content into the file and save it.
I go back to the LaunchPad and try to upload the file and it gives me the following error (in an popup window):
Error uploading file htdocs/test.txt to TeamSite server:
Error creating temp file
/.iwmnt/default/main/BRANCHNAME/WORKAREA/WORKAREANAME/htdocs/test.txt: error 2
The directory that the file is in (htdocs in our case) has 775 permissions and the file created with 0 bytes (test.txt in our case) is also created with 664 permissions.
But I can't seem to upload the file from my desktop onto the TeamSite server.
What is the temp file and where is it being written to (on the TeamSite server)?
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance...
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
brent1
Did you ever find a solution to this issue? I am experiencing something similar now.
Brent
Beckman Coulter Inc.
ashman
I believe there was a service pack / patch that fixed TeamSite to correctly read the branch/file/directory security permissions mentioned in the iw.cfg file.
I think that fixed it.
I am not sure about the fix though as it was a while back that we had this issue.
adamj11
Did anyone ever figure out what the patch was for this? and was it originally 5.5.2 sp3? or something else?
Migrateduser
I did a search on the fixed bug list for 552 SP2 and 552 SP3 for launchpad, permissions, and iw.cfg. There are no fixes listed that relate to the problem mentioned here.
That said, 5.5.2 was released in June 2002, making it over a year old now. You should probably consider upgrading to the latest SP, which is SP4 now.
Regards,
lissa