<p>Hi all,</p><p> </p><p>I am working on a BIRT report that automatically generates documentation for our BIRT libraries. Basic operation is as folows:</p><ul class='bbc'><li>Library names for which to generate documentation is specified using LibraryNames parameter</li><li>Libraries data set automatically loads the libraries specified by LibraryNames; for each library a row is returned containing library name and description (taken from the library Comments property)</li><li>For a given library, LibrarySlots returns the slot id's, types and item counts for Data Sources, Data Sets, ... slots.</li><li>LibrarySlotElements returns item names, types and descriptions (again taken from the Comments property) contained in a given library and slot.</li></ul><p>I would like to add two additional data sets. Given library name and element name as input parameters:</p><ul class='bbc'><li>A data set that returns a list of all binding data sets that are referenced from that element (including all sub-elements)</li><li>A data set that returns a list of all fully qualified 'extends' names for that element (including all sub-elements). I.e. somewhat similar to the itemIsCopyOf column in LibrarySlotElements, but then for all sub-elements of a given element.</li></ul><p>Basically, in the documentation, I would like to display lists of referenced data sets and inherited library items for every element. Getting the ReportItemHandle for the given element shouldn't be difficult, but what is the best approach to iterate over all sub-elements to gather the necessary information?</p><p> </p><p>Attached is a report design with the relevant data sets, and a sample library (slightly modified from <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://download.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/examples/reports/2.1/lib/Newsfeeds.rptlibrary'>http://download.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/examples/reports/2.1/lib/Newsfeeds.rptlibrary</a>). For this example, with input parameters 'Newsfeed' as libName parameter, and 'NewGrid' as eltName parameter, the ElementDataSets data set should return a single row containing 'EclipseHeadlines'.</p>