<p>Hello,<br />
<br />
I'm wondering if there is a way to get rid of pagebreaks in script. I'm trying to do this in the beforeRender handler of the report. I can get elements by name and by ID:<br />
<br />
var elmByName = reportContext.getDesignHandle().getElementByName("Joe");<br />
var elmById = reportContext.getDesignHandle().getElementByID("123");<br />
<br />
Now that I have these elements, I want to iterate through their children looking for pagebreak. Something like:<br />
<br />
for (var i = 0; i < elmByName.children.length; i++)<br />
{<br />
if (elmByName.children
.tagName == "pagebreak")<br />
{<br />
deleteElement(elmByName.children);<br />
}<br />
}<br />
<br />
But there doesn't seem to be such a function or field or property as "children" in the element. How does one iterate through an element's children?<br />
<br />
BTW, I've tried to suppress pagebreaks through the usual methods to no avail. I have two threads going:<br />
<br />
<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/index.php?/topic/30545-cant-get-rid-of-page-breaks/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/index.php?/topic/30545-cant-get-rid-of-page-breaks/</a><br />
<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1162674/#msg_1162674'>http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1162674/#msg_1162674</a><br />
<br />
...but no one has answered.</p>